Monday 10 October 2011

Setting out

We set out from Sheffield yesterday on the most perfect Spring morning - mists nestling in the valleys and the foggy haze vanishing as we approached Launceston. A quick farewell to Justin at the airport - thanks Justin - then the day was spent enjoying Mum and Dad's hospitality and a curry with Alastair home from Uni. Coffee and cake in the garden courtyard and seeing Dad and Sophie chatting together were highlights of the day. A final check of my emails brought sad news of the death overnight of my dear friend Helen. We have had some wonderful shared times together over many years and my heart goes out to her family.

Already it seems that living with a sense of pilgrimage is different to life as usual that in have known. My first 'surprise' is of God's generosity. We have received so many. Small acts of kindness already. I have a sense of excitement about this journey, and realise that I am being offered already a new way of living.

Today we are resting up in Abu Dhabi. Tomorrow we head for Milan and a much anticipated reunion with Maddie. You can probably see our grins from there!

Love to you all, from Merran.

No comments:

Post a Comment