Monday 24 October 2011

Tomorrow's connection to Merran

A quiet walk today to Berceto, a town nestled way up in the Appenines, the last before the pass. It is now wet, densely foggy, and dark. Last week Merran had a definite diagnosis of tendinitis from which she will fully recover. We are thankful for this and are looking to meet up with her again tomorrow. The challenge will be actually connecting. So our plan is to get to the train station, 10 kms down in the valley below us before Merran's train comes through at 1.30 pm. With some local assistance this evening,I think I have arranged a bus for 11:00 outside the church, but who really knows. Our plan is to meet at the Berceto station and then stay in Pontremoli for the night. We are looking forward to being back together again and working out how to do the rest of the pilgrimage together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Tim, Merran and Soph,

    Glad to see you will all be back together again tomorrow. Tendinitis is so painful, I had it so bad from Leon to Sarria. I found that when I walked slower with Jan it went away. Really hope Merran and you can work out a strategy that works. As you have said, it goes away, I have had no reoccurrence of it since getting back.

    Love the pictures of the country and the lounge, it is always so good to rest the body.

    I dropped my camera once and know the sickening feeling as I saw it tumble down the stairs. Still worked. Hope it doesn't effect the taking of photos for your pilgrimage.

    Hey guys, enjoy connecting with Merran and the next few days.

    fellow pilgrim
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete